Customer is a leading Personal Data Privacy and Protection provider.
It enables organizations to discover and map all types of data from all enterprise data sources; automatically classify, correlate, and catalogue identity & entity data into profiles; manage and protect enterprise data with advanced data intelligence and automate data privacy and protection.
It identifies all PII across structured, unstructured, cloud & Big Data.
Customer requested to build a Connector app to integrate its platform with Google Cloud Datastore to scan the data present in the Datastore for finding the PII information.
- Google Cloud Datastore (Cloud Datastore) is a highly scalable, fully managed NoSQL database service offered by Google on the Google Cloud Platform.
- Sacumen developed the Connector app to integrate Cloud Datastore (Firestore in Datastore mode) using Java SDK 8 version. The Connector app performs the following actions:
- Set up the OAuth consent screen in Cloud Console and get the Client Id and Client Secret to authenticate the API
- Connects to Cloud Datastore using the ProjectId and the OAuth flow
- Retrieves the data of all the entities from the database
- Retrieves the detail of a single entity using its key
- Gets the requested data within a certain timeline
- Samples the fetched data using predefined sampling techniques
- Formats the received data in the required format and pass it to the customer