Customer is a leading Personal Data Privacy and Protection provider.
It enables organizations to discover and map all types of data from all enterprise data sources; automatically classify, correlate, and catalogue identity & entity data into profiles; manage and protect enterprise data with advanced data intelligence; and automate data privacy and protection.
It identifies all PII across structured, unstructured, cloud & Big Data.
Customer requested to build a Connector app to integrate their platform with ServiceNow to scan the incidents present in the ServiceNow for finding the PII information.
- ServiceNow is a software-as-a-service provider, providing technical management support, such as IT service management, to the IT operations of large corporations, including providing help desk functionality. The company’s core business revolves around management of “incident, problem, and change” IT operational events.
- Sacumen developed the Connector app to integrate ServiceNow using C# 8.0 (.NET Core 3.0). The Connector app performs the following actions:
- Authenticates the user through OAuth flow.
- Gets the access token to make authenticated REST API calls.
- Retrieves the incidents from the ServiceNow portal using Table API.
- Samples the fetched data using predefined sampling techniques.
- Formats the received data in the required format and pass it to the customer.