Customer is a leading Personal Data Privacy and Protection provider.
It enables organizations to discover and map all types of data from all enterprise data sources; automatically classify, correlate, and catalogue identity & entity data into profiles; manage and protect enterprise data with advanced data intelligence; and automate data privacy and protection.
It identifies all PII across structured, unstructured, cloud & Big Data.
Customer requested to build a Connector app to integrate their platform with Microsoft Azure Blob Storage to scan the files present in the Blob storage for finding the PII information.
- Azure Blob storage is Microsoft’s object storage solution for the cloud. Blob storage is optimized for storing massive amounts of unstructured data.
- Sacumen developed the Connector app to integrate Azure Blob Storage using C# 8.0 (.NET Core 3.0). The Connector app performs the following actions:
- Creates an Azure storage connection string using access key.
- Connects to blob storage container using the connection string.
- Retrieves and downloads the files from the blob storage inside a container.
- Samples the fetched data using predefined sampling techniques.
- Formats the received data in the required format and pass it to the customer