Customer is a leading Personal Data Privacy and Protection provider.
It enables organizations to discover and map all types of data from all enterprise data sources; automatically classify, correlate, and catalogue identity & entity data into profiles; manage and protect enterprise data with advanced data intelligence; and automate data privacy and protection.
It identifies all PII across structured, unstructured, cloud & Big Data.
Customer requested to build a Connector app to integrate their platform with Egnyte to scan the files present in the Egnyte storage for finding the PII information.
- Egnyte is a company that provides software for enterprise file synchronization and sharing. The technology can store files in a company’s existing data repository, as well as cloud computing storage.
- Sacumen developed the Connector app to integrate Egnyte using C# 8.0 (.NET Core 3.0). The Connector app performs the following actions:
- Creates an Egnyte API Key to access the REST APIs.
- Connects to Egnyte storage API using the access token generated from Authorization Code Flow using the API Key and the egnyte domain.
- Retrieves and downloads the files from the File System API.
- Samples the fetched data using predefined sampling techniques.
- Formats the received data in the required format and pass it to the customer.