Customer and Background
Client has a platform that provides the ease of use, visibility, continuous monitoring and investigation tools that security and compliance teams need to do their jobs at DevOps speed. It also accelerates migration of workloads to the cloud, by addressing the critical security monitoring gaps left by traditional data center security providers.
They were looking for a testing partner who had experience in multiple product releases. Working in a DevOps environment requires discipline to make sure the products are delivered with same quality every time
- Faster Go-To-Market is critical to deliver it’s (client) unique value proposition to customers and achieve competitive advantage. Hence, each process including testing needs to be streamlined to discover early defects and provide feedback to the developers.
- Ensuring accurate information is communicated between various system components. A comprehensive and reliable end-to-end testing strategy was needed to determine various dependencies in the platform.
- Single click execution. Speed of Deployments is one of the key problem areas. With the advent of DevOps building, testing, and releasing software should happen rapidly, frequently, and more reliably.
Selenium WebDriver, Maven, Java, GitHub, TestNG, Jenkins
Sacumen provided End-to-End testing services to the clients for all its flagship products platform, covering the entire gamut of cloud-based solutions. As we followed agile we documented wherever possible to avoid any future misinterpretations. Test cases were identified and developed for various functionalities across the platform modules which could be executed by any user. Achieving test automation was critical thus reducing the overall time to market. This helped increase product reliability.
Key Highlights of the Engagement were:
- Test Automation
- Functional & Exploratory Testing
- Performance Testing
- Cross browser testing
- Developed high level test cases for various functionalities across the platform modules
- Testing on different combinations of OS/browsers
- Automate test case using selenium to reduce regression time and tool cost
- Leverage cloud for cross-bowser testing for concurrent execution
- Better Automation coverage in minimal time ensuring products reliability and faster go to market rate.
- Continuous Integration (CI) with tools like Jenkins ensured faster feedback and with higher quality releases.
- End to End Test strategy simulating real life scenarios helped increase test coverage of the overall system.
- 90% platform coverage with CI/CDA