Customer is a leading Personal Data Privacy and Protection provider.
It enables organizations to discover and map all types of data from all enterprise data sources; automatically classify, correlate, and catalogue identity & entity data into profiles; manage and protect enterprise data with advanced data intelligence; and automate data privacy and protection.
It identifies all PII across structured, unstructured, cloud & Big Data.
Customer requested to build a Connector app to integrate its platform with Google Cloud Spanner to scan the data present in the Spanner for finding the PII information.
- Google Cloud Spanner is a fully managed, mission-critical, relational database service on the Google Cloud Platform that offers transactional consistency at a global scale, schema’s, SQL and automatic, synchronous replication for high availability
- Sacumen developed the Connector app to integrate Cloud Spanner using Java SDK 8 version. The Connector app performs the following actions:
- Set up the OAuth consent screen in Cloud Console and get the Client Id and Client Secret to authenticate the API
- Connects to Cloud Spanner using the ProjectId, Cloud Spanner instance and the OAuth flow
- Retrieves the data using SQL query statement execution on the database
- Performs a strong read, a stale read, a read using an index on the database
- Performs retrieving of data in parallel
- Gets the requested data within a certain timeline
- Samples the fetched data using predefined sampling techniques
- Formats the received data in the required format and pass it to the customer