Customer is a leading Personal Data Privacy and Protection provider.
It enables organizations to discover and map all types of data from all enterprise data sources; automatically classify, correlate, and catalogue identity & entity data into profiles; manage and protect enterprise data with advanced data intelligence; and automate data privacy and protection.
It identifies all PII across structured, unstructured, cloud & Big Data.
Customer requested to build a Connector app to integrate their platform with Snowflake to scan the data present in the Snowflake database for finding the PII information.
- Snowflake is an analytic data warehouse provided as Software-as-a-Service (SaaS). Snowflake provides a data warehouse that is faster, easier to use, and far more flexible than traditional data warehouse offerings.
- Sacumen developed the Connector app to integrate Snowflake using C# 8.0 (.NET Core 3.0). The Connector app performs the following actions:
- Creates a connection to Snowflake database using Multi-factor authentication (MFA).
- Connects to Snowflake DB instance using the connection string.
- Retrieves the data of all the tables from the database.
- Gets the requested data within a certain timeline.
- Samples the fetched data using predefined sampling techniques.
- Formats the received data in the required format and pass it to the customer.