Customer is a leading Personal Data Privacy and Protection provider.
It enables organizations to discover and map all types of data from all enterprise data sources; automatically classify, correlate, and catalogue identity & entity data into profiles; manage and protect enterprise data with advanced data intelligence; and automate data privacy and protection.
It identifies all PII across structured, unstructured, cloud & Big Data.
Customer requested to build a Connector App to integrate their platform with Amazon Redshift to scan the data present in the Amazon Redshift for finding the PII information.
- Amazon Redshift is a fully managed, petabyte-scale data warehouse service in the cloud.
- Sacumen developed the Connector App to integrate Amazon Redshift using C# 8.0 (.NET Core 3.0). The Connector App performs the following actions:
- Creates an AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) User.
- Connects to AWS Redshift cluster using the connection string.
- Retrieves the data of all the tables from the database.
- Gets the requested data within a certain timeline.
- Samples the fetched data using predefined sampling techniques.
- Formats the received data in the required format and pass it to the customer.