Data Collector as a Service
Gets both structured and unstructured data. 45+ Out of box integrations.
The majority of the Security Product Companies grapple with the need to build Collectors to collect data from varied Source systems. Their solutions are built on getting data from these Source systems and applying their secret sauce ( aka. IP or next-generation solution!) to solve customer security challenges.
Data Collection becomes the “necessary-evil”!
Source systems could store both structured and unstructured data. Further complexities are added in terms of the varied options offered by Source systems such as :
- Interfaces available to integrate ( REST API, SOAP, SFTP, Message Queue, SNMP, SDKs, etc.)
- Data types (JSON, Syslog, File system, XML, etc.)
- Authentication and Authorization options ( OAuth, API Token, Username/Password, OTP, MFA, SAML, etc.)
- Rate limit, Pagination, Latency, Concurrency
- Data volume
Security Product Companies end up writing customized, non-standardized Collectors for these Source systems. This leads not only to increased development and support cost but also less efficient Collectors in terms of performance, scalability, and extensibility.
Sacumen’s Data Collector as a Service ( DaaS) exactly addresses those challenges mentioned above!
DaaS is a Cloud-based containerized software solution that gives our customers an open, faster and more secure way to fetch data ( both Structured and Non-structured data) from varied Source systems and feed into their platform.
Each DaaS includes containerized middleware and common software services for development and management, on top of a common integration layer — designed to reduce development time for new Collectors up to 40 percent and operational expenses up to 60 percent.
Make a call to the Source system to retrieve the structured/unstructured data after completing the authentication with the Source system
Authentication Manager handles authentication with Source systems using various options such as OAuth, API Token, Username/Password, OTP
Applies filter and sampling set by the customer to retrieve specific data
Parses the incoming data in various data types such as JSON, Syslog, XML etc.
Maps to the specific fields of the Target system
Data Gateway acts as an abstraction layer and consolidation engine for both invocation of, and retrieval of data, from various cloud endpoints.
DaaS Sample Connectors list
- Fetches both Structured and Unstructured data from varied
- Support Multiple data types – JSON, Syslog, File system, XML etc
- Multiple Authentication Manager supports – OAuth, API Token,
- Modular Approach Accelerate reduces new Collector development
efforts by 40%
- Support Multiple interfaces exposed by Source systems – REST
API, SOAP, SFTP, Message Queue, SNMP, SDKs
- Modular and template-based approach makes it easy to extend Collector capabilities
- Timely updates and issue resolution with Annual Support Model
Sacumen at a glance
Sacumen specializes in working with Security Product Companies. We are working with 50+ Security Product Companies such as Symantec, Palo Alto Networks, Varonis, AlienVault, IBM, CA Technologies, ThreatConnect, SecurityScorecard, ForgeRock, Code42, Flashpoint etc in the areas of Connector Development, Connector Support and Product Engineering.
We have built 700+ Connectors in the areas of SIEM, IAM, Ticketing Systems, Incident Response, Cloud Applications, Cloud Monitoring, Threat Intelligence Feed, Endpoint Security, Cloud Storage, GRC, Vulnerability Management, Authentication, etc.